Actress Tracy Pollan had a few commercials and minor TV roles to her credit when, in 1985, she was cast as Ellen Reed on the long-running sitcom Family Ties. Her on-camera romance with series star Michael J. Fox blossomed into the real thing; Pollan and Fox were married in 1988. Outside of Family Ties, most of her film and TV roles have taken advantage of her athletic prowess, most notably the made-for-TV The Abduction of Kari Swenson (1989). While she has been less visible on screen and in public since the births of her children (partly due to threats on her life from an aggressive female stalker), Tracy Pollan has continued surfacing from time to time in such roles as Kathleen Kennedy in the 1990 TV movie The Kennedys of Massachusetts.
- Debuted on stage in an off-Broadway production of Album, featuring Kevin Bacon.
- Maintains a strong friendship with high-school classmate and fellow actor Jennifer Grey.
- Met husband Michael J. Fox while playing Alex P. Keaton's love interest, Ellen Reed, on Family Ties. Their relationship took off while working on the 1988 film Bright Lights, Big City.
- Played Beth Holloway in two Lifetime TV movies about the disappearance of Holloway's daughter, Natalee.
- Lives on Manhattan's Upper East Side, just three blocks from her childhood home.
- Son Sam was named Mr. Golden Globe in 2013.