- Wanted to be a comedian since the age of 6.
- Played lacrosse while at Downe House.
- Influences include Eric Morecambe; Tony Hancock; Joyce Grenfell; and French and Saunders.
- First gained notice as a stand-up comedian at Scotland's Edinburgh Festival and on the London circuit.
- Broke through to public acclaim in Britain in 2008 with her old-school BBC comedy series Miranda.
- Supports Comic Relief, where she used to work as a personal assistant to the grants director.
- Transitioned to drama with the BBC/PBS series Call the Midwife.