- Studied law at the University of Oxford, but declined a job at the law firm Slaughter and May after graduation, and chose to pursue a career in acting.
- Reached the final 3 in the first season of Sky One's Project Catwalk in 2006.
- Worked as a model for a year to raise money for drama school, applying without her parents' knowledge.
- Appeared in the play Turandot at the Hampstead Theatre in London in 2008.
- Sold the dress she wore to the 2013 BAFTA Awards for eBay's Big Charity 50, donating the money to Breast Cancer Care.