- Originally wanted to be a research psychiatrist in child psychology before she decided to pursue theater studies.
- Participated in several plays at Yale University, her alma mater, which included Blueberry Toast and Arcadia.
- Directed a theater production of Virginia Woolf's Orlando, which was adapted by Sarah Ruhl in April of 2013.
- Performed in plays that include The Cat and the Canary at the Berkshire Theater Festival and Cow Play at the NY Fringe Festival.
- Planned to move to New York City and be a struggling actress but booked a park on Alpha House before she arrived in the city.