A San Francisco native, Korean-American actress Jamie Chung landed a shot at celebrity rather capriciously and arbitrarily, when working as a waitress as Riverside, CA's Tremors Bar & Grill. MTV networks spotted the then-unknown and invited her to appear in season 14 of the popular reality series The Real World. She immediately obliged, and in the process jump-started her acting career. Guest spots followed on series programs including Veronica Mars, ER, and CSI: New York. Chung moved into films with a bit role as a Hooters girl in the Adam Sandler/Kevin James comedy I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry (2007) and followed it up with a supporting turn as Chi Chi in the live action fantasy Dragonball (2009), adapted from the mangas of the same name. In 2010 she appeared in the Adam Sandler comedy Grown Ups, and 2011 found her in both Sucker Punch and the massively successful sequel to The Hangover. She then joined ABC's fantasy Once Upon a Time in the recurring role of Mulan and also replaced actress Devon Aoki in the 2013 sequel Sin City: A Dame To Kill For.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Is a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority.
- Was asked to try out for The Real World by MTV when she was seen working as a waitress.
- Was cast in the San Diego season of The Real World and was later in Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Inferno II.
- Made her acting debut on TV’s Veronica Mars.
- Was featured in a 10-episode arc on the soap opera Days of Our Lives in 2007.
- Made her film debut in I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry in 2007.