Australian actor Chris Hemsworth became a favorite face in his native country when he wasn't yet a teenager, appearing on Australian TV shows like Neighbours and Home and Away in the early 2000s. He would go on to cross the pond, appearing in American movies like 2009's Star Trek, in which he played George Kirk. His next big splash in Hollywood would come in the years to follow, as he was cast as Thor in the big screen adaptations of The Avengers and Thor. The Avengers turned out to be a mega-smash, lending even more luster to his other films from that year including Snow White and the Huntsman and the remake of Red Dawn. In 2013, he played British race car driver James Hunt in Rush, before picking up the hammer again in Thor: The Dark World.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Spent part of his childhood growing up in an Aboriginal community.
- In 2006, competed on Australia's version of Dancing with the Stars.
- Portrayed Captain Kirk's father, George, in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek (2009).
- First major big-screen starring role was the title character in 2011 comic-book adaptation Thor.
- Named People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive in 2014.