- While in school, played state-level baseball and basketball, and national-level badminton.
- Made her acting debut with the Kannada movie Aishwarya (2006).
- Performed as a dancer in Himesh Reshammiya's music video "Naam Hai Tera."
- Entered Bollywood with Om Shanti Om (2007), the highest grossing movie of that year.
- Collaborated with Van Heusen to launch her own limited edition clothing collection in 2011.
- The anxiety and depression she faced in 2014 motivated her to set up Live Love Laugh Foundation in 2015, an initiative to help people with mental health issues.
- In 2015, launched her own fashion brand All About You on the online shopping website Myntra in 2015.
- Made a grand debut on Forbes's 2016 list of the World's Highest-Paid Actresses; she was ranked tenth in the list.
- On Oct 3, 2016, emerged as Asia's most followed woman on Twitter with a whopping 16 million followers.
- About a fortnight after the release of the first trailer of her Hollywood debut movie xXx: Return Of Xander Cage, she made it to the magazine Vanity Fair's list of Hollywood's next-generation stars. She grabbed the second spot on the list.
- Is one of the brand ambassadors for the Swiss watch making company Tissot.