Singer-cum-actress Lucy Hale broke into show business courtesy of participation in the Fox network's short-lived, competitive reality series American Juniors (2003) -- a one-season spin-off of American Idol (with an identical setup and format) that had children and young teenagers vying with one another for pop stardom. Hale subsequently moved into acting, with a guest spot on the series How I Met Your Mother (as Robin's younger sister) and a regular role, as Becca Sommers (the computer hacker younger sister of Jaime Sommers), on the short-lived sci-fi series revival Bionic Woman (2007). In 2008, Hale essayed a supporting role in the feature The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, alongside Amber Tamblyn and America Ferrera; in the film, she plays Lena's (Alexis Bledel) sister, Effie.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Was chosen to become a member of the pop group created on Fox' 2003 singing competition American Juniors.
- Landed her first series regular role in 2007, playing Bionic Woman Jamie Sommers' younger sister, Becca.
- Feature film debut came with the sequel to 2005 teen drama The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
- Won Teen Choice Awards in the Choice Summer TV Star: Female category in 2010 and 2011, and the Choice TV Actress: Drama category in 2012 for her work on the ABC Family drama Pretty Little Liars.
- Signed a recording deal with Hollywood Records in June 2012.