Born in 1985, actress Jessica Szohr earned her laurels as a frequent presence on U.S. television during the 2000s. A native of Wisconsin, Szohr experienced her first taste of show-business life when discovered by a modeling scout at age 16 and tapped to do print ads for Kohl's department store. She then moved to Los Angeles, secured representation as an actress, and began signing for guest spots on various series including Joan of Arcadia and That's So Raven, as well as recurring roles on CSI: Miami, What About Brian, and Gossip Girl. Her role of Vanessa Abrams on the latter series was later expanded to regular status. In the years to come, Szor would remain active on screen, appearing in movies like Tower Heist.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Began modeling at age 16.
- Moved to Los Angeles after high-school graduation to pursue an acting career.
- Appeared in Daughtry's "Over You" video.
- Is a Green Bay Packers fan.
- Enjoys playing the music video game Rock Band.
- Inducted into the Menomonee Falls High School Hall of Fame in May 2008.