Kim Kardashian, the wealthy daughter of the high-powered defense attorney Robert Kardashian and Kris Kardashian (and the stepdaughter of Olympic athlete Bruce Jenner), grew up in Beverly Hills, CA, and attended an exclusive all-girls Catholic high school in the City of Angels. As a young woman, Kardashian worked at her father's music marketing firm, Movie Tunes, then parlayed her entrepreneurial instincts into a successful career as a wardrobe stylist for television programs, magazine photo layouts, and infomercials. She also gained attention in the mid- to late 2000s for her friendship with heiress and media darling Paris Hilton. In terms of on-camera roles, Kardashian's resumé sports appearances on The Simple Life and a stint as one of the co-stars on the N network's Beyond the Break series. She also runs her own production shingle, Kimsaprincess Productions, LLC. In 2007, The Hollywood Reporter indicated that Kardashian had signed with the E! network to host her own reality series. The result was Keeping Up with the Kardashians, a glossy slice of "reality" pie that centered on the everyday activities of the wealthy clan, offering viewers a tantalizing glimpse of a privileged life that many aspire to, but precious few actually achieve. The show proved immensely popular, propelling Kardashian into the spotlight. The series spawned spin-offs for various family members, including Kourtney and Kim Take New York, and a two-part special revolving around her ill-fated wedding to basketball player Kris Humphries. She also tried her hand at acting, with a four episode guest spot on the Lifetime series Drop Dead Diva in 2012 and an appearance in Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor (2013).
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Has known fellow socialite Paris Hilton since they attended preschool together.
- Father, Robert Kardashian, was a member of O.J. Simpson's defense team during the former football star's murder trial.
- First gained notoriety when a sex tape featuring her and ex-boyfriend Ray J surfaced on the Internet in 2007.
- Appeared in the music video for Fall Out Boy's 2007 single "Thnks fr th Mmrs."
- Posed for the cover of Playboy magazine in December 2007.
- Was on Season 7 (2008) of Dancing With the Stars, partnered with Mark Ballas.
- A wax likeness of her was unveiled at New York City's Madam Tussauds in 2010.
- Appeared on Season 10 of The Apprentice (2010).
- The 2010 autobiography Kardashian Konfidential, written with sisters Kourtney and Khloe, was released in 2010.
- Was married to NBA player Kris Humphries for 72 days in 2011.
- Along with sisters Khloe and Kourtney, co-owns Dash, a California-based designer clothing store.