South African-born actor Adhir Kalyan first caught the eye of stateside television viewers when cast in the as a Pakistani Muslim exchange student who came to live with a typical suburban American family in the CW sitcom Aliens in America. Though he had previously appeared in episodes of such U.K. television dramas as Spooks and Holby City, Kaylan's part on Aliens in America was his first regular small-screen role on either side of the pond. In 2009 Kalyan joined the cast of the David Spade sitcom Rules of Engagement, but continued to juggle a feature career with bit roles in such films as Up in the Air, High School and No Strings Attached.
Biography by Jason Buchanan
- Was enrolled in a drama class at age 4.
- Mother is a member of Parliament in the South African National Assembly.
- Began acting career in South African theater, performing in productions of Macbeth, Oliver and A Christmas Carol.
- First visit to U.S. was in 2002 as part of the Global Young Leaders Conference.
- Moved to London in 2005 to pursue acting career and appeared on BBC series Holby City and Spooks.