Brittany Robertson found success as a teenage actress in the mid- to late 2000s with her small-screen portrayal of Samantha Saxton on the seriocomic period series Swingtown. The show took a headfirst dive into the confused sexual mores of the mid-'70s, played out via the intrigues of an "average" Middle American town. Prior to that, she had appeared as Steve Carell's daughter in the comedy Dan in Real Life (2007). Robertson would remain active on screen for years to come, starring on shows like Life Unexpected and The Secret Circle.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Is the oldest of seven siblings.
- Began performing as a child at the Greenville Little Theatre in South Carolina.
- While still in elementary school, was discovered by a Los Angeles talent agent during a convention in Hilton Head Island, SC.
- Made her TV debut in 2000, appearing on an episode of the syndicated action/adventure series Sheena; first series-regular role was on the short-lived CBS drama Swingtown.
- Big-screen debut came with the indie drama The Last Summer (2004); parts in the family comedies Keeping Up with the Steins (2006) and Dan in Real Life (2007) followed.
- Spent time researching the foster-care system for her starring role on the CW drama Life Unexpected.