The daughter of Dr. Frasier Crane himself (actor Kelsey Grammer) and his first wife, Broadway dancer Doreen Alderman (the two divorced when she was seven), Spencer Grammer grew up in the City of Angels and nurtured acting ambitions from as early as she could remember. The young ingenue took her first on-camera bow at the age of eight, as an extra on an episode of Cheers, and during her secondary school years attended the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts, and then Marymount Manhattan College. By the age of 23 (in 2006), she landed a regular role on the daytime drama As the World Turns, but achieved far greater prominence as a star of the weekly seriocomedy Greek (2007), about the trials and travails of fraternity and sorority life at apocryphal Cyprus-Rhodes University; the producers of that program cast Grammer as Casey, an intelligent and complex member of the Zeta Beta Zeta sorority.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Named after her aunt Karen Grammer, who was murdered in 1975.
- First acting role was an uncredited appearance on Cheers.
- Appeared as a dancer in MTV's Learn to Hip Hop: Volume 2 (2003).
- In 2006, became the third actress to portray Dr. Lucy Montgomery on As the World Turns.
- Best known for her role as popular sorority girl Casey Cartwright on the ABC Family series Greek.