- Comes from a theatrical background (her grandfather Tom was a production designer and her father Christopher was a director) and spent her childhood going to parties with famous people; Laurence Olivier once helped with her math homework that she'd brought along.
- Met partner Blake Ritson when both were cast in a Cambridge Footlights pantomime.
- Joined the Royal Shakespeare Company in 2001, making her professional theatre debut at Stratford-upon-Avon in Love in a Wood.
- In 2008, played Clair in The City, alongside Benedict Cumberbatch, at the Royal Court Theatre.
- Played Nora in a 2012 Young Vic production of A Doll's House; the show later transferred to the West End and the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York.