- Wanted to act professionally ever since performing with her mom in an off-Broadway cabaret show in New York at the age of 12; moved to Manhattan to pursue acting at 16.
- Landed her first leading role on the big screen starring in Frozen (2010), a suspense-thriller about three snowboarders who are trapped on a ski lift.
- Named one of the 55 Faces of the Future in Nylon magazine's young Hollywood issue in 2010.
- Appeared in a music video for singer Miles Fisher, which spoofs the Saved By the Bell series and Final Destination horror films.
- Advocate for a number of organizations, including Unite, which helps the struggle to end poverty around the world, as well as the NOH8 campaign.