Gilles Marini was serving in the French army in Paris when he met photographer Fred Goudon, who recommended a different line of work. Marini began working as a model on the side and, after his tour of duty was over, moved to the United States to pursue it full-time. He eventually transitioned into acting with roles in commercials and appearances on shows like Ugly Betty. He played the well-remembered role of Dante in the Sex and the City movie and participated in season eight of Dancing with the Stars.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Born to a Greek mother and an Italian father.
- Began working in his father's bakery at age 8.
- Joined the French army and was stationed in Paris, where he was introduced to modeling by photographer Fred Goudon.
- After completing his military service, moved to the United States to pursue a modeling career.
- Best known for playing "the naked guy," Dante, in the Sex and the City movie.
- Paired with professional dancer Cheryl Burke for the eighth season of ABC's Dancing with the Stars.
- Became an American citizen in June 2012.