- Began her career in the South Indian film industry, but has since established herself in Bollywood.
- Has dubbed in her own voice in all different language versions of her films.
- Won the Filmfare Best Telugu Actress Award for Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi (2003).
- She debuted in Tollywood with Mahalakshmi (2004), for which she won the Filmfare Best Tamil Actress Award in 2004.
- Won the Filmfare Best Female Debut award for her first Bollywood film Ghajini (2008).
- Trained Bharathanatyam dancer.