Raised in a small town in rural Nebraska, Justin Bruening entered show business in a very offhanded (and unpremeditated) way, when he moved to San Diego and happened to be "discovered" by a talent scout at a local McDonald's. This led to a lucrative contract gracing ads for such brands as Abercrombie & Fitch, and in time, an extremely visible soap opera role, as Jamie Martin on the seminal All My Children, starting in 2003. Numerous guest appearances ensued on prime-time series, including Hope & Faith, CSI: Miami, and Cold Case, as well as a plum role in the teen-oriented gross-out comedy Fat Girls (2006). Bruening scored his breakout role, however, as Mike Traceur, the son of crime-fighter Michael Knight (David Hasselhoff) in the telemovie spin-off Knight Rider (2008).
Biography by Nathan Southern
- His hometown of St. Helena, NE, had a population of 85; he was one of 9 students in his high-school graduating class.
- Began modeling after being discovered in a McDonald's in San Diego.
- Appeared in the 2002 music video for "Boys" by Britney Spears.
- Spent four years on All My Children as Jamie Martin.
- Made an on-set proposal to his wife when they costarred together on All My Children.
- Starred as Michael Knight's son in NBC's short-lived 2008 remake of Knight Rider.
- Collects Converse Chuck Taylor All Star athletic footwear.