Actress Nicola Peltz wasn't yet a teenager when she began training at the Professional Children's School in Manhattan. By 12, the Connecticut native had appeared in the 2006 holiday comedy Deck the Halls, and in 2008 she appeared in the comedy Harold. In 2010, Peltz scored a more high-profile role, playing young martial artist Katara in director M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender, based on the popular animated series Avatar.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Was an avid hockey player in her youth.
- Film debut was in the 2006 comedy Deck the Halls.
- Starred in the off-Broadway production of Blackbird opposite Jeff Daniels and Alison Pill.
- Appeared in the Miley Cyrus music video "7 Things."
- Big break came in 2010 when she was cast in M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender.
- In 2010 was named by Nylon magazine as one of the 55 faces of the future in its annual young Hollywood issue.
- Father is a billionaire who once owned Snapple.