A child piano prodigy who played with the New England Symphonic Ensemble and became the youngest soloist every to perform with an orchestra at the Sydney Opera House at the tender age of five, Heroes star Noah Gray-Cabey first found small-screen success on the series My Wife and Kids before appearing in episodes of Grey's Anatomy and Ghost Whisperer. Later, after winning a Young Artist Award for My Wife and Kids, Gray-Cabey appeared in the M. Night Shyamalan fantasy Lady in the Water. Cast as Micah Sanders, the gifted boy with a magic touch on Heroes, the young pianist-turned-actor got to live out every young boy's fantasy of possessing superpowers, and in the process made his small-screen breakthrough.
Biography by Jason Buchanan
- Grew up without a television in his family's home.
- Began playing piano at a young age and performed at the Sydney Opera House at 5 years old.
- Was asked to join the cast of My Wife and Kids after a piano performance on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Made his big-screen debut in Lady in the Water (2006).
- Started Action in Music, a nonprofit group that allows inner-city musicians to travel abroad to perform fund-raising concerts in developing countries.