British actor Tim McInnerny first caught the attention of audiences in the early '80s, playing Lord Percy Percy on the comedy series The Black Adder. He would continue appearing on the English screen over the following years, with roles in projects like Erik the Viking and Rogue Trader. His notoriety increased, but as the years passed, McInnerny's affection for his home country would continue, with appearances in British movies like 2009's Hustle, and 2011's Black Death.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- In 1986, performed the role of Andrew May in a stage production of Pravda opposite Anthony Hopkins at the Olivier Theatre in London.
- Appeared in Kate Bush's 1989 music video for her song "This Woman's Work."
- Starred as Frank-N-Furter in the 1990 West End production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Performed the titular role in a stage production of Hamlet at Hammersmith National Theatre.
- In 1997, played Clive/Cathy in a production of Cloud 9 at the Old Vic.
- Appeared in Westlife's music video for "Uptown Girl" alongside Ioan Grufford in 2000.
- Played the role of Michael in Mappa Mundi at the Royal National Theatre in London in 2002.
- In 2007, performed the role of Iago in Othello at Shakespeare's Globe.
- Provided the voice of Tiberius for a radio adaptation of I, Claudius in 2010.
- Has long been close friends with Rowan Atkinson, who has often collaborated with and appeared alongside in the Blackadder series.
- Is a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company.