- Born in Nigeria, her father's home country, but was raised in the U.K. and Antigua by her mother.
- Aspired to be a professional dancer, but a back injury led her to pursue acting as a career.
- Performed in numerous productions with the Royal Shakespeare Company, including A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Tempest and The Servant of Two Masters.
- Met her husband, fellow actor Geoffrey Streatfeild, while on tour with the RSC in Japan.
- Played the role of Viola in a stage production of Twelfth Night with Bristol Old Vic Theatre Company, a role that earned her an Ian Charleson award nomination in 2004.
- Starred as Eurydice in Moira Buffini's Welcome to Thebes at the Royal National Theatre in 2010.