- After voicing a character in the 1984 Peanuts special It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown, she landed a role on the variety show Kids Incorporated.
- With Stefanie Ridel and fellow former Kids star Renee Sands, she formed pop trio Wild Orchid in the mid-'90s. They released two albums—Wild Orchid in 1997 and Oxygen the following year—and recorded a third CD their record company declined to release.
- While working as a backup singer in the Los Angeles area in 2003, was invited to join hip-hop trio the Black Eyed Peas in the studio. After recording several songs for the group's breakthrough release, the multi-platinum Elephunk, she was invited to become an official member.
- Made her solo debut in September 2006 with The Dutchess, which debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 album chart and spawned the hit singles "London Bridge" and "Fergalicious."
- Launched her first fragrance, Outspoken by Fergie, for Avon in 2010.