- Raised by African parents, Ido grew up living between Burkina Faso and the Paris suburb of Stains.
- In his 20s, started his own theater company called Le Replik.
- Came to prominence in France as a slam musician under the guise of John Pucc'Chocolat, a name Ido came up with on the fly, which reflected his love of chocolate and cappuccinos.
- Wrote the songs for the 2010 musical Monsieur Luxure.
- Counts his idols as martial artist Jackie Chan, novelist Samuel Beckett and Burkina Faso's late revolutionary leader Thomas Sankara.