Katie Cassidy -- the daughter of onetime Partridge Family sensation and teen idol David Cassidy and fashion model Sherry Williams -- jump-started her fame not as an actress but as a teen pop star, à la Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson. A trained vocalist from the age of 12, Katie teamed up with music mega-producer Joel Diamond in 2004, and released her first single that summer, banking off of her father's fame with a remake of "I Think I Love You." In 2005, Cassidy appeared in a recurring role on the popular family drama 7th Heaven as Zoe. She slid into the feature arena inauspiciously, as Kelli, one of the slasher victims in the grotesque, critically panned gorefest Black Christmas, then traveled the comedic route with supporting roles in the Adam Sandler vehicle Click (2006), the ensemble picture You Are Here (2007, as an aspiring Hollywood climber), and the Cary Elwes comedy Walk the Talk (2007). Cassidy is perhaps best known, however, for her recurring role as Ruby on Supernatural, a program about a couple of young men journeying across the country in their black Impala and fighting off evil supernatural forces. In 2008 she appeared in the box office smash Taken, and followed that up with one of the main parts in the 2010 remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Was a member of competitive cheerleading team the California Flyers.
- Attempted to launch a pop singing career in 2002 with a cover of The Partridge Family's 1970 smash "I Think I Love You."
- Modeled for clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch and in runway shows before moving into acting.
- Made her big-screen debut in the 2006 horror remake When a Stranger Calls.
- Had guest arcs on the CW's Supernatural and Gossip Girl before landing leading roles on the network's Melrose Place and Arrow.
- Involved in H.E.L.P. Malawi, and created the Katie Cassidy and Friends Garden when she went to visit the country.