Canadian-born actor and musician Luke MacFarlane studied his craft at Juilliard in New York before graduating in 2003 to pursue a professional acting career. He soon cultivated a successful career on-stage, playing a leading role in the Playwrights Horizons Theater production of Juvenilia in 2003, and the 2004 Vineyard Theatre production of Where Do We Live. He also made forays into film, appearing in movies like 2004's Kinsey and 2005's Over There. In 2006, he joined the cast of the series Brothers & Sisters playing Scotty Wandell.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Has a fraternal twin sister, Ruth.
- Was a classmate of Ugly Betty's Michael Urie at Juilliard, where MacFarlane attended on a four-year drama scholarship.
- Big break was as Private Frank "Dim" Dumphy in the short-lived FX series Over There (2005).
- Made his film debut in 2004's Kinsey, as the son of sex researcher Alfred Kinsey (played by Liam Neeson).
- Emboldened by the positive response toward his gay character on Brothers & Sisters, he disclosed his homosexuality in April 2008.