Fresh-faced Becki Newton became interested in acting at a young age, participating in local theater from the time she was a child. After graduating from UPENN and studying abroad, Newton began devoting her career to show business, acting in commercials and appearing on shows like Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Charmed. In 2006, Newton married fellow actor Chris Diamantopoulos and the next year, she was cast in the hit series Ugly Betty, playing mean-spirited receptionist Amanda.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Studied abroad in Europe and South America after graduating high school.
- Once hosted a celebrity-interview show on TBS called Movie Junky while living in New York City.
- Met her future husband, Chris Diamantopoulos, while guest starring on two episodes of American Dreams in 2004.
- Appeared as a brunette waitress in a national Olive Garden commercial. The ad ran often during the first season of Ugly Betty, and Newton was almost unrecognizable compared to her TV character.
- Enjoys running marathons.
- Welcomed her first child, a son, with husband Chris Diamantopoulos in November 2010.