A memorable voice and a major talent, Chicago-born Harry J. Lennix first caught audiences' attention with the role of Dr. Greg Fischer on the medical drama ER. He would go on to make waves in films like Collateral Damage, The Matrix sequels, and Ray. as the 2000's and 2010's unfolded, Lennix would add more prominent TV roles to his resume, memorably starring on 24, Commander in Chief, and Dollhouse.
- Attended Archbishop Quigley Preparatory Seminary, with plans to become a Dominican priest.
- Worked as a public school teacher in the Chicago area before his acting career took off.
- Co-founded Legacy Productions, a Chicago theatre that produces plays of historical significance to the black community, in 1989.
- Made his big-screen debut in the Gene Hackman thriller The Package (1989).
- Landed regular roles on the short-lived drama Commander in Chief and Joss Whedon's sci-fi series Dollhouse.
- Has an older sister and two older brothers.