Comedian Rob Riggle earned his chops in the theater and film program at the University of Kansas. Also, perhaps surprisingly, the successful comic cut his teeth in the military, joining the Marines in 1990 and eventually earning the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Marine Corps Reserve. Riggle would go on to forge a creative partnership with fellow comedian Rob Huebel, working together in the sketch comedy troupe Upright Citizens Brigade, projects for VH1, and more. Riggle would go on to be a featured player on Saturday Night Live, and become an extremely popular member of the staff on The Daily Show, in addition to appearing in movies like The Hangover, Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, and Pushing Tom.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Best known as a cast member of Saturday Night Live (2004-05), a correspondent for The Daily Show (2006-08) and a cast member of Gary Unmarried (2009).
- Has appeared in movies such as Talladega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby; Unaccompanied Minors; Step Brothers; The Hangover; The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard; and Blackballed: The Bobby Dukes Story.
- Holds the rank of lieutenant colonel in the Marine Corps Reserve.
- Served with the Marines in Liberia, Kosovo and Afghanistan.
- Lists among his heroes Teddy Roosevelt; John F. Kennedy; George Washington, Elvis and Priscilla Presley; Will Ferrell; Harvey Keitel; Vince Lombardi; Lenny Bruce; Tom Brady; John McCain; George Brett; Dick Vermeil; and Ashlee Simpson.