- Has six sisters and one brother. Due to her mother's charity work, she spent her childhood frequently relocating. The family lived in Japan, China, Hawaii, Switzerland, France, Poland, Belgium, the United Kingdom and other countries.
- Began modelling professionally in London and soon started featuring at the London Fashion Week.
- Decided to change her surname to that of her father when she moved to India and worked in her debut movie Boom (2003).
- Teamed up with music maestro AR Rahman to release a music album Rhymeskool in 2010. The album helped raise money for building a school in Madurai.
- Has made it to the list of FHM India's 100 Sexiest Women many times, topping the list in 2013.
- As British citizen, she works in India on an employment visa.