A veteran of the theater in Scotland, Ireland, Broadway, and London's West End, actor Conleth Hill began supplementing his impressive stage career with on-screen acting in the late '80s. He started by making minor appearances on British television, eventually working his way up to more substantial parts, like his recurring role of Jared on the comedy series The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle in 2007. In 2009, Hill was cast as Brockman in the Woody Allen comedy Whatever Works, opposite Larry David.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- After a successful stage career, began taking small television roles in the late 1980s.
- Made his Broadway debut in Marie Jones' Stones in His Pockets, for which he was nominated for a Tony Award.
- Won Olivier Awards for The Producers and the London production of Stones in His Pockets.
- Played Geraldine McQueen's bed-bound mother in comedian Peter Kay's X Factor spoof Britain's Got the Pop Factor.
- Known for being a chameleonic performer, he shaved his head for the role of eunuch Lord Varys in HBO's Game of Thrones.
- Is a fan of Manchester United soccer club.
- Still lives in his childhood hometown of Ballycastle, Northern Ireland.