- Grew up the youngest of three brothers on a dairy farm in Victoria, Australia.
- Moved to Melbourne in his late teens to play Aussie Rules Football, but a broken leg before the season started put an end to his career.
- Signed on the spot in 2002 by L.A. Models after walking into their offices barefoot.
- Was the first male model to sign a six-figure contract to represent Calvin Klein exclusively; shot to instant fame with his successful underwear campaign.
- Named one of the World's Sexiest Bachelors by People Magazine in 2002.
- Landed his first acting role in 2003 as John Clayton in the short-lived WB series Tarzan.