- Spent the first 11 months of his life in the California foster-care system, and was adopted by the Kelleys in 1993.
- Has been acting since age 5, starting out in commercials before landing roles in TV series and movies.
- Tapped by Teen People magazine in April 2006 for its annual 20 Teens Who Will Change the World, reflecting his work with an advocacy group for abused and neglected children.
- Was home alone when his family's California home was the target of an attempted burglary in 2010.
- Dramas are his favorite genre to work in.
- Hopes to become involved with behind-the-scenes work such as writing, directing and producing one day.