A child star well before he reached his teens, Jimmy Bennett began his career with appearances in commercials, then moved into feature work with a litany of roles in A-list Hollywood releases. Projects included a plum role in the Eddie Murphy-headlined family comedy Daddy Day Care (2003, as the highest-profiled of Murphy's young charges -- a little boy named Tony who insists on being called "The Flash" and shows up at day care each day dressed in a superhero outfit); one of the voices in Robert Zemeckis' CG-animated Christmas movie The Polar Express (2004); a little boy trapped with his mother (Jacinda Barrett) on a capsized ocean liner in Poseidon (2006); and the child version of Admiral James T. Kirk in the J.J. Abrams remake Star Trek (2009). In the coming years, Bennett woudl remain an active presence on screen, appearing on shows like No Ordinary Family.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Has appeared in more than 25 commercials.
- Has done numerous voice-overs for animated features.
- Portrayed the young James T. Kirk in 2009's Star Trek.
- Opened a rock-themed creperie with his family in Huntington Beach, CA, in 2009.
- His song "Summer Never Ends" is on the soundtrack of the 2009 comedy "Shorts."
- Nicknamed Jimmy Two-Takes for his ability to do his lines perfectly.
- Enjoys horror movies.
- Plays guitar.