Manhattan-born singer and actress Adrienne Bailon had a drastically different future planned out before her career in show business took off. She attended a high school geared toward careers in health and human services, but when her girl group 3LW took off around 2001, the 18-year-old pursued her new profession with full force. The group eventually disbanded, but Bailon was already on to a new project, joining the band/movie/TV franchise the Cheetah Girls with Disney progeny Raven Symone. The group spawned several TV movies and released several albums together before disbanding in 2009. Bailon started to work on her solo career and made the rounds on reality shows for several years before landing a co-hosting gig on The Real in 2013.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Mother is Puerto Rican; father is from Ecuador.
- Wanted to become an obstetrician when she grew up.
- While performing with her church choir at Madison Square Garden, Ricky Martin asked for some singers to join him onstage at his concert that night; Bailon was one of the chosen singers.
- Was interning at Beth Israel Hospital as part of a high school assignment when a producer that was a patient there asked if she wanted to join a girl group, which turned out to be 3LW.
- Released her first single with 3LW "No More (Baby I'ma Do Right)" in 2000.
- Joined The Cheetah Girls, a girl group put together by the Disney Channel, in 2003; they were featured in several Disney TV movies and released several albums before breaking up in 2009.