With a striking visage and an even more distinctive presence, blue-eyed British actress Rebecca Mader launched her career in the early 2000s. She evinced a flair for tackling supporting roles in genre features, such as the lurid thriller 21 Eyes (2003) and the blockbuster drama The Devil Wears Prada (2006), but maintained a higher profile on television, with a memorable role as no-nonsense attorney Alden Tuller in Jerry Bruckheimer's short-lived legal drama Justice (2006). That same year, Mader signed for a supporting part in the tragicomedy Great World of Sound (2007). In early 2008, Mader took on a recurring role on the hit drama Lost.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Became a successful model at 16 years old and later signed with the Ford Modeling Agency.
- Appeared as Eve in a 2003 Barely There lingerie commercial shot by famous photographer Richard Avedon.
- Was on three soap operas; turned down a contract role on All My Children and instead accepted a 17-episode arc as English gangster Morgan Gordon.
- As a model, she wore a fat suit for a Today show segment that examined how overweight people were treated.
- Suggested that her character on Lost be British (the character was originally written as American).
- Was initially hired to appear on only eight episodes of Lost, but wound up appearing in 20 episodes.