Actress, model, and former Miss Universe Lara Dutta began her career when she won the annual Gladsrags modeling competition in her native India in 1997. She continued to work in modeling and the pageant circuit until she'd achieved the highest honor she could. After earning her degree in Economics from Bombay University, she went on to make her feature-film debut in the Bollywood movie Andaaz in 2003. Her beauty and charm were a hit with audiences, and her star continued to rise on the Bollywood scene, eventually making her one of the most popular actresses in her industry.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Crowned Miss Universe in 2000.
- Achieved the highest ever individual score in any category in the history of the Miss Universe contest in the interview category.
- Made her Hindi debut in Andaaz (2003).
- Won the Filmfare Best Female Debut Award along with Priyanka Chopra in 2004.
- Fluent in English and Hindi, but also speaks Punjabi, Kannada, and French.