If actor John Hensley hadn't found such unexpected success in acting, he would have gladly become a horse wrangler, but lucky for him, during a week-long trip to New York following his high-school graduation, he met his future manager and the rest, as they say, is history. He was cast on the series Nip/Tuck as troubled teen Matt McNamara almost immediately, staying with the showuntil 2011 before moving on to roles in Fifty Pills, Teeth, and Love, Gloria.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Worked for three years on a horse ranch in Wyoming between high school in Kentucky and college in Colorado.
- Formed an improvisational-comedy group with fellow Fort Lewis College students in the late 1990s.
- Made his TV debut in the New York-based Comedy Central show Strangers With Candy. Also in New York, appeared in a 2000 episode of The Sopranos (as Meadow's boyfriend) and was a regular on the 2000 ABC sitcom Madigan Men.
- After moving to L.A., was a regular in the 2001-02 TNT sci-fi series Witchblade.
- Told the Nip/Tuck producers that he thought he was too old to play Matt McNamara before he first auditioned for the role.
- Appeared on World Poker Tour: Hollywood Home Game in 2005.
- Favorite world city is Barcelona, Spain.
- Is an avid motorcyclist.