- Modelled in Hong Kong, London and New York before turning to acting.
- Won the Gladrags Manhunt Contest in 1999.
- After a successful film debut with Jism (2003), his appearance in the hugely popular action thriller Dhoom (2004) and it's sequel made him a Bollywood star.
- The nomination of Water (2005) for the Best Foreign Language Film at the Academy Awards made him also gain international fame.
- Launched his line of clothing JA Clothes and devised a mobile game called Velocity in 2006.
- Involved with PETA and Habitat for Humanity.
- Has produced several films since his production debut Vicky Donor (2012), which was nominated for the Filmfare Best Film Award and won the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
- Penned his autobiography, John Abraham by John Abraham, in the 101st issue of Men's Health India in March 2015.