Best known for his role as Dr. George O'Malley on ABC's hit medical drama Grey's Anatomy, T.R. Knight began his acting career on the stage in his hometown of Minneapolis, MN. In the early 2000s, he began appearing in a handful of guest spots on programs ranging from Frasier to Law & Order: Criminal Intent before landing one of the leads on the aforementioned Grey's Anatomy in 2005. Knight left the show af the end of the fifth season, choosing to return to the stage in the 2010 Broadway revival of David Mamet's A Life in the Theatre opposite Patrick Stewart. Knight remained focused on stage work after though, though he did have a recurring role on CBS's legal drama The Good Wife in 2013.
Biography by Matthew Tobey
- Honed his craft in numerous productions staged by Minneapolis' Guthrie Theater, where he made his acting debut at age 5 as Tiny Tim in A Christmas Carol.
- Nominated for a Drama Desk Award for his role in the off-Broadway play Scattergood.
- Had a role in Charlie Lawrence, the Nathan Lane series that lasted only two episodes.
- Was a groomsman at the 2007 wedding of Grey's Anatomy costar Katherine Heigl.
- Considered one of his dream roles to be Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet and got the chance to play the role in a 2013 Off-Broadway production.