- Gave birth to her first daughter, Wynonna, the week of her high-school graduation.
- Worked as a nurse before starting her career in entertainment.
- After divorcing her first husband, she moved her family from Los Angeles to Kentucky because "the kids were starting to think Hollywood was normal."
- In 1983, took daughter Wynonna to a live audition for the RCA Nashville record executives, who signed them to a record deal within an hour.
- Along with daughter Wynonna, became the first female country act to found their own booking agency.
- Took a hiatus from performing professionally in 1991 after being diagnosed with hepatitis C and founded the Naomi Judd Research Fund. In 2000, she told Larry King that she was cured.
- In April 2011, said of daughter Ashley Judd's memoir, All That Is Bitter & Sweet, that she would one day get around to reading it since she wanted to "honor her [daughter's] reality."
- Has authored more than 10 books on such topics as cooking, aging and her struggles with hepatitis C.