Michigan native Jaime Ray Newman explored her love of performing through many avenues over the years, singing with a jazz band and founding her own theater company in addition to regularly appearing in movies and on TV. Her onscreen career began in 2001, when she landed the role of Kristina Cassadine on the soap opera General Hospital. She stayed with the series until 2003, and subsequently began making guest appearances on numerous TV shows like Bones, Supernatural, Stargate Atlantis, and many more. She also regularly took on a recurring roles on multiple episodes of Veronica Mars, Nip/Tuck, Eureka, and Mental. In the years to come, Newman would find herself appearing on still more shows, like Drop Dead Diva, NCIS, Castle, and CSI: NY.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Began performing at the age of 12 in the play A Rosen by Any Other Name.
- Studied at Interlochen Center for the Arts camp.
- Started Apollo Theatre Productions while in high school.
- Founded the Ignition Festival for Women in the Arts while attending college.
- Worked as a jazz singer.
- Got her big break playing Kristina Cassadine in the soap opera, General Hospital.
- Performed in the funk band School Boy Crush.