- Played hockey and basketball in high school, continuing his hoops career in college until a career-ending back injury.
- Discovered acting when his college roommate was casting a play and was in need of performers.
- Debuted professionally in a Molson beer commercial.
- Dabbled in celebrity games on the World Poker Tour, developing skills he applied in auditions for his police-officer role on Cracked.
- Practices a form of emotional therapy called Core Energetics, for which he produced a Web docuseries called GROUP.
- Continues to play ice hockey in an older men's league.