U.S. character actor Jonathan Togo is best known for his multi-season portrayal of Ryan Wolfe, the police officer-turned-laboratory geneticist on the blockbuster crime series CSI: Miami. His resumé also includes an appearance in the Clint Eastwood-helmed ensemble feature Mystic River (2003).
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Decided he wanted to pursue an acting career at 13 after playing Tiny Tim in A Christmas Carol.
- Played the guitar and alto saxophone in a band named El Conquistador while attending Vassar; two of the band members, Sam Endicott and John Conway, went on to form the group the Bravery.
- Studied at the National Theater Institute of the Eugene O'Neill Theater Center in Waterford, CT.
- Made his film debut as a deli worker in Clint Eastwood's Mystic River (2003).
- The CSI: Miami writers loosely based his role of Ryan Wolfe on him, incorporating his sense of humor into the character.
- Regarding his role on CSI: Miami, has said that nailing the lab lingo is the biggest challenge.
- Has appeared in several Web series, including Casted: The Continuing Chronicles of Derek Riffchyn, Greatest Casting Director in the World. Ever and My Best Friend Is My Penis, which he also co-wrote and directed.
- Is a boxing fan and had his garage converted into a personal boxing gym.