A stage-trained actor whose resumé includes work in such productions as West Side Story, Miss Saigon, and A Man of No Importance, Pennsylvania-born Steven Pasquale attained national prominence for his work as inarticulate New York firefighter Sean Garrity on Denis Leary and Peter Tolan's comedy drama series Rescue Me. Pasquale transitioned to big-screen assignments when he accepted a role in the 2007 sci-fi/horror opus Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Played football in high school until a back injury forced him off the field---and onto the stage (in a school production of Fame).
- Performed with West Side Story and Miss Saigon touring companies before landing his first off-Broadway role in 2000.
- Made TV debut in two 2001 episodes of Six Feet Under.
- Earned Outer Critics Circle and Drama Desk nominations for a 2002 Lincoln Center production of A Man of No Importance.
- Toured in the hit musical The Light in the Piazza, but left the cast prior to its 2005 Broadway opening because of a conflict with Rescue Me; didn't make his Broadway debut until 2009 (in Neil LaBute's Reasons to Be Pretty).
- Met his wife, Tony-winning actress Laura Benanti, when they both appeared in a World AIDS Day benefit concert performance of The Secret Garden in 2005.
- Released a solo CD, Somethin' Like Love, featuring standards, jazz and show tunes, in 2009.