Handsome and genial African-American player Mathew St. Patrick found fame among pay-cable aficionados in the early 2000s, with his portrayal of Keith, the gay lover-turned-husband of mortician David (Michael C. Hall) on the HBO original series Six Feet Under. Following the end of that series, St. Patrick took on a regular role as Detective Kenneth Marjorino on the short-lived mystery drama series Reunion on the Fox network. He achieved his next major dramatic coup by essaying the small part of Special Agent Wick in the crime-tinged actioner War (2007) -- a big-screen feature about an FBI agent (Jet Li) who sets out to gain revenge for the death of his family and ends up caught in a war between a triad and the yakuza.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Was originally interested in a career in sports or fashion.
- Stage name comes from the fact that he's born on St. Patrick's Day.
- Appeared on Eminem's Relapse (2009) album in the skit "Mr. Mathers."
- Was named one of People Magazine's Sexiest Men Alive (2001).
- Supporter of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.