- Having only performed in a couple of school plays, she was cast, at age 11, as Wendy in P.J. Hogan's movie adaptation of Peter Pan after she attended an open-call audition.
- Described by her Perfume director Tom Tykwer as "an old soul in a young body."
- Told England's The Observer newspaper in 2006: "I'd never do a film just for money or because somebody famous was in it. I think that's stupid."
- At University College London, pursued a linguistics degree in hopes of becoming a teacher or speech therapist, but dropped out to focus on acting.
- In the 2010 action film Solomon Kane, acted opposite her brother, Patrick, who also appeared in 2003's Peter Pan as a sleeping child.