Although bit parts in A-list features such as The Rules of Attraction (2002) and Little Athens (2005) highlight his resumé, the sandy-blonde-haired actor Eric Szmanda may find it difficult to supersede his own ties with the characterization of Greg Sanders on the top-tiered CBS series drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. As Sanders -- a DNA and trace expert analysis with a "nonconformist exterior" and an enduring taste for heavy metal (not to mention a deep-seated infatuation for Sarah Sidle [Jorja Fox]), Szmanda made an enduring impression among series fans, starting as a recurring character and working his way up to series regular; he stayed with the show for several years.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Appeared in more than 20 plays by the age of 17, including a touring production of A Midsummer Night's Dream in Russia.
- Graduate of the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Pasadena.
- Worked as a music producer in Chicago and was a music consultant on the 2001 movie Life as a House.
- Friendly with shock rocker Marilyn Manson and appeared in Manson's 2004 music video "(s)AINT."
- In 2004 headlined the one-man play Hyenas or the Monologue of Theodore-Frederic Benoit in Los Angeles.
- Along with a childhood friend, created the comedy site SecretFunTime.com in 2007.
- Developed the internet radio station erockster, which launched in 2008.
- Has supported the U.S. Campaign for Burma.