Hardworking Vancouver-born actor Aaron Douglas launched a successful television career with appearances on such hit shows as Dark Angel, Smallville, Stargate SG-1, and Taken before making the transition into features with roles in the big-screen sequels Final Destination 2 and X2, though it was his role on the hit sci-fi series Battlestar Galactica that truly propelled his career into hyperdrive. Douglas studied his craft at the esteemed William Davis Centre in Canada before joining the Okanagan Shakespeare Company, and it didn't take long for the prominent stage performer to segue into film and television. Supporting roles in such films and TV series as I, Robot, The Chronicles of Riddick, Catwoman, Andromeda, and The Dead Zone endeared Douglas to sci-fi and fantasy fans, and in 2003 he did his best to defend the human race as dedicated deck chief Galen Tyrol on Battlestar Galactica. He remained on Battlestar Galactica until 2009.
Biography by Jason Buchanan
- Had childhood aspirations of becoming a lawyer.
- Before acting, had a variety of jobs that included construction, marketing and sales.
- Trained at the William Davis Centre for Actors' Study in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Began his acting career doing Shakespeare and dinner theater.
- Has frequently played small, uncredited roles in TV shows as a result of assisting in audition readings.