Life can be tricky for teenagers attempting to establish themselves in Hollywood; thankfully for rising star Max Thieriot, a prominent role in the kid-friendly action adventure Catch That Kid proved just the right catalyst needed to launch an impressive film career. Subsequently nominated for a Young Artist Award as a result of his performance in the 2005 Vin Diesel comedy The Pacifier, Thieriot showed a marked maturity with his role as the son of Billy Bob Thornton's rural stargazer in The Astronaut Farmer the following year. A substantial supporting role in 2007's Nancy Drew was soon to follow, and with parts in the Doug Liman sci-fi thriller Jumper and the high-profile kids flick Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Mystery following in quick succession, speculation that Thieriot might be Hollywood's next golden boy seemed well founded.
Biography by Jason Buchanan
- Grew up wanting to be a race driver; is involved with his family's off-road racing team.
- Began career as a model for GAP.
- Film debut was opposite Kristen Stewart in 2004's Catch That Kid.
- Successfully transitioned from child actor to adult roles by appearing in Atom Egoyan's erotic thriller Chloe in 2009 and by starring in Wes Craven's horror flick My Soul to Take in 2010.
- Continued involvement in horror by starring with Jennifer Lawrence in House at the End of the Street and taking on the TV role of Norman Bates' older brother on Bates Motel.
- Is an avid surfer.
- Co-owns Senses winery.
- Family once owned The San Francisco Chronicle.